A teenager, Jackson Uwagboe who murdered a 21-year-old man in what prosecutors described as a “vicious attack” in south-east London and later fled the country has been sentenced to life in prison.

Uwagboe, 19, of Hamilton Street, Lewisham, was convicted on 10 February at the Old Bailey of murdering Robert Robinson on 6 June 2024 in Deptford.
On Wednesday, he was handed a life sentence with a minimum term of 21 years for murder, as well as robbery and possession of a bladed article.
Two other men, Ryan Wedderburn, 18, and Kirk Harris, 19, were convicted of Robinson’s murder in May last year and also jailed for life.
Wedderburn was ordered to serve a minimum of 23 years, while Harris received a minimum term of 22 years and nine months.
Robinson suffered 12 serious stab wounds during the attack, including defensive injuries suggesting he tried to protect himself, according to the Metropolitan Police. He died at the scene on Carteret Way, Deptford.
Police said all three attackers ran from the scene, with Uwagboe fleeing the country. He returned to the UK on 25 February 2025 and was arrested at Gatwick Airport on suspicion of murder.
Detective Inspector Neil Tovey, who led the investigation, said: “Robert was subjected to a brutal and sustained attack by a group of men armed with knives. He was unarmed, already wounded, and on the ground when Uwagboe attacked him. His claims of self-defence were entirely without foundation.”
He added that the verdicts marked “justice for Robert Robinson and his family”, who had endured two trials due to Uwagboe’s decision to flee the country.

1SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
Tinubu allowed free, fair election that gave Adeleke Osun victory – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas ABUJA — Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said Governor Ademola Adeleke won the August 15 Osun State governorship election because President Bola Tinubu allowed the poll to be free and fair. Wike, who spoke on Tuesday during an inspection tour of flood-affected areas in the FCT, dismissed…
-
2027: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, others sign peace accord, vow issue-based campaigns

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas …Obi tells voters to reject violators at polls…Peace Committee warns against hate speech, violence, fake news …INEC: 2027 elections are “competitive job interviews” Presidential candidates and leaders of political parties ahead of the 2027 general elections have signed a National Peace Accord, pledging to conduct issue-based campaigns and reject violence, hate speech,…
-
FAAC: FG, states, LGs share N3.007trn July revenue

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) has approved the disbursement of a total of ₦3.007 trillion to the Federal Government, the 36 state governments and the 774 local government councils as revenue for July 2026. At a meeting held in Owerri, Imo State, FAAC said the Federal Government received a total of…







