The Isoko born Wellu Wellu master, as he is fondly called, was 51 years old.
Okposo was also a music producer, psalmist, and CEO of Zamar Entertainment.
He released his first album Addicted in 2004.
He bagged multiple awards including KORA Best Gospel Artiste in Africa (2006), Crown SABC Best of African Gospel (2014), Afro Hollywood UK Best Gospel Artiste (2005), NEA Best Gospel Artiste of the Year (2007&2013), and NMA Best Contemporary Gospel Artiste among others.
The singer was in the eye of the storm in January when he offered a public apology to his wife, Ozioma for alleged infidelity.
The apology came a day after a lady, known only as African Doll, accused him of impregnating and abandoning her.
The gospel musician told his fans that he would be taking a step back from his ministry to focus on restoration and seek forgiveness.
In the heat of the public conversation on the alleged infidelity, he removed himself from public spaces by deactivating his social media platforms but returned later.
Details of the circumstances surrounding his death are still sketchy but it was gathered he slumped on Friday morning in his residence.
- FULL TEXT: President Tinubu’s First Address At UN General Assembly
- Peter Obi files 51 Grounds of Appeal against the tribunal judgment at Supreme Court, Atiku Files 35
- “How Naira Marley drugs women, have s3x with them and threatens to kill them with Sam Larry” 4G Xbox narrates
- You’ve proved us wrong over Muslim-Muslim ticket — Northern Christians tell Tinubu
- Obasanjo disowns ‘wife’ who apologised to Obas, says he stands by his action
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org