Available reports say some members of the terror group that attacked and killed worshippers at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church Owo, Ondo State, on Sunday have been captured by security forces.
A video sighted by Mataz Arising shows a mob of protesters at the Palace of the Olowo of Owo.
The protesters, mainly youths, are trying to resist the planned movement of suspects to Akure.
Security forces are now on ground to prevent the breakdown of law and order in Owo and in the palace.
Watch the videos here:
On Wednesday, the Ondo State Government gave a new casualty figure from the terrorist attack.
The state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Banji Ajaka, stated in a press statement that as of Tuesday midnight, the number of victims was 127 while 40 had been confirmed dead.
Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola, confirmed ISWAP’s involvement, in the Ondo attack while briefing State House Correspondents after the National Security Council meeting in Abuja on Thursday.
- Lagos, Abuja demolitions: Ohanaeze kicks
- Economic Downturn And The Blame Game
- Alleged money laundering: ‘We airlifted N1.219bn to Fayose for 2014 election’ – Obanikoro
- Pure falsehood – Fani-Kayode slams Oba of Benin, others over Lagos origin
- Oyedepo Issues Warning To Son After Establishing Own Ministry
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org