The Chief John Odigie Oyegun-led All Progressives Congress Screening Committee has cleared the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to contest the primary election at the coming National Convention of the party from June 6-7.
Chief Oyegun announced earlier today that 13 of the aspirants had been cleared with the indication that 10 were not cleared.
Our correspondent gathered that Tinubu, Vice President Osinbajo, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Dr. Ahmed Lawan, Yahaya Bello, Godswill Akpabio among others were cleared to contest the primary election.
A source close to the panel said nobody was disqualified in the real sense of the word because only 13 of the 23 aspirants appeared before the screening panel adding that the 10 aspirants that didn’t appear before the panel were not presented to the party.
The 13 cleared aspirants are billed to collect their clearance certificate later today or tomorrow morning.
- The North and Tinubu’s appointments
- Yoruba Council breaks silence on MohBad’s death as Nigerians await autopsy report
- Why Pastor Bakare? Why are our pastors like this…..?
- Video: Soyinka takes a dig at Obasanjo for ordering monarchs to ‘stand up and sit down’
- RE:THE CASE OF ALLEGED MISSING INTESTINES; SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT – ANPMP
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com