By Unknown Westerner
OUR CHILDREN NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE MILITARY STOLE FROM US IN 1966. Give me back my great West. Now!
- Every worker that started 30 or 35yrs ago will this year retire on the same salary they started with.
- N25,000 will build you 4flats in 1980 but now how much millions?
- If Obasanjo did not review salary totally, a Professor will still earn N7000. A school teacher will build a house of 2x3Bedroom houses before retiring without adding another business in those days.
- Graduate earns N4000 and gets that same annual salary to buy brand new car. Now you will buy the Tokunbo used by Oyinbo for 10years for N3million. And your sorrow begins.
- The essential drug they sell for $25 would cost N13,000 here. It used to cost N13.
- We were so rich that America begged us to buy their rice because their farmers wanted to bring down the Government. We helped them.
- We single handedly used NAIRA to free about five South African nations including South Africa itself. We also fought ECOMOG wars in two nations.
- Our best players earned enough money here, no need to travel out. When Segun Odegbami was getting married he got 12 brand new cars as gift.
- When we donated a few amount to Kenneth Haggins etc, it was big money. Almost all our ministers as young pastors: Adeboye, Akindayomi (his G.O . And founder of RCCG, etc etc visited USA just for conferences anytime.
- There was no single POTHOLES on Nigerian Roads. When as a higher education student we visited Ghana for summer holidays in 1980 we wept because we saw potholes on their roads. We slept in their best Hotel, the Black Star Hotel and they were begging us to pay them in NAIRA. We laughed. What an insult. We threw Dollars at them. They thanked us for not paying them in Cedis. Naira was 30Cedis in black market.
You need not change your money when travelling out of Nigeria be sure Naira was acceptable even on streets of Tokyo.
- As student you must go on summer holidays in London. Someone would sponsor you if you can’t afford it. Once you graduate, Government job even as class teacher is waiting for you with a brand new car no one may ever used in your family.
So, no one joked with education. You have at least liberated your own people. Only graduates were living in Flats. You and wife would each get car loan but one of you may build a three bedroom bungalow with your N4000.
- Everyone wanted to be like the educated person. Now, the role model of your child are thugs, thieves and gangster politicians and ritual killers.
- In those days a public servant would work for 10years and retire. He gets his one year salary of N6000. And he got at least two fine cars already. He will come to the village to start an industry like paints, pharmacy, supermarket, hospital, block making at high level, transport, etc. If transport, he can deposit N2000 for 2 brand new Peugeot 504 SW and pay them off within 9months.
- After 5yrs if he liked, a public servant will collect his 5years salary as mortgage and repayable for 20years! So, where’s the level you want to compare yourself with an educated person? He’s the role model of the family and village. Assured himself and many others of good future.
- Banks will be begging you to collect loans for your business. A clerk will buy insurance. After school cert your parents will be asking for your wife. So, everyone were getting married happily. Hardly do you expect a girl to have more than school cert to get graduate husband. Life was normal. Teacher, military, police, , doctors, nurses, teachers ALL GET USEFUL SALARIES. You can plan your life for next 20years. So, Corruption was low and everyone was honest to a reasonable extent. If you get to a new town at night all you need is to sleep in nearest Police Station even if you carry brand new car and big money. If you do bad business you will be running away from a police friend or old classmate that was a police officer. He will not spare you to bust your illicit business.
- Public primary school was VERY SUFFICIENT even for the children of the Prime Minister.
- Where you worked as a graduate didn’t matter much, the graduate that teaches in secondary school gets the same salary with the one working in Central bank!
- You say you eat, where’s the unbalanced diet you call food? A clerk with his N120 salary gets first pay in 3,months and rents a room & parlour in Lagos, buys carpet, bed, table, chairs, TV, radio, fridge, etc. Second month he buys a Crate of peak milk (144), 2crates of eggs, Big Bourvita , Geisha, 6pkts Sugar, apart from gari etc. As bachelor he fries 4eggs with one geisha then one full tin of milk plus thick bournvita and 20k bread (they sell for N400 now) for breakfast. If a friend met him eating, he will prepare same food for him on Sunday or Saturday morning. My children would eat one big Titus fish each, just to give them vitamin D. It’s not the whole meal. They were babies. Years later the entire family shared one Titus until OBJ came.
Many had left this country. Others had become something else…we need not mention. Our ladies become harlots, our boys become cultists and political thugs.
How could anyone who got admission to polytechnics or university become a thug to a politician in those days, when within the next two years, brand new car dealers will be coming to you to advertise? Your room will be cleaned and bedsheets changed before you return from morning lecture for lunch. You will only get that student treatment in a 3star hotel nowadays. So, you are a big man as a student. You don’t mingle with any riffraffs. But those riffraffs are now the ones forging certificates to rule us.
Please pray for my request to recover my WESTERN REGION be successful.
Every day, YOUR LIFE MOVES BELOW THE POVERTY LINE. Your vehicles are moving coffins. What else? If you can’t steal and Rob, you won’t have a room to retire to after 35 years!
The military stole away our FEDERALISM. We lost our REGIONS each with it’s own CONSTITUTION, police, London Reps, Emblem and flag. Since then we were rolling down from top mountain into the Abby’s.
May God destroy that person that says this is the NATION I will leave for my children.
All I ask is for my WESTERN REGION to be given back to me. We never signed for any other CONSTITUTION.
- NORTHERN ELDERS FORUM THREATENS TO EXPEL THE SOUTH FROM NIGERIA
- 2023: The intrigues and plans to stop Osinbajo
- Still on Debora’s murder…I’ve Lost Faith in Humanity
- My Encounter with Ahmed Idris, Buhari’s AGF
- Tinubu 2023: TVC News Broadcast on Deborah was Doctored, It Was An Error of Judgement
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org