The Chief Imam of Apo legislative quarters mosque, Sheikh Nuru Khalid, has been suspended from his cleric duties by the mosque’s committee over his sermon on Friday, April 1.
The Committee in its suspension letter to Sheikh Khalid, accused him of going against the tenets of Islam by encouraging people not to vote at the upcoming elections until the insecurity in the land is addressed.
The letter signed by the chairman of the committee, Senator Saidu Dansadau, in part; “I am informing you that you are suspended as the Imam and as a member of parliament mosque Apo Abuja from today 2/4/2022 until further notice.
“This action was taken because of Friday’s sermon on 1/04/2022 where you advised people not to vote in 2023 until government answers some questions”
The fiery Imam in his sermon, had accused the government of not doing enough to tackle the prevailing insecurity. He said; “insecurity has become business in Nigeria, the blood of the poor has become campaign materials”
- Democratisation of Ignorance
- 3m Bandits posing as okada riders invade Lagos; they trooped in within two years
- Proposed U.S. law seeks to punish African countries for ‘aligning’ with Russia
- Hearing on suit seeking REFERENDUM to be heard in October.
- The Southern & Middle Belt Forum Insist That Power Must Shift To The South
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com