By Ayo Dada
Comparing banks to herdsmen is one of the problems we’re having in this country. Herdsmen should be compared to vulcanisers, tailors, bricklayers, etc, not banks.
A bank is a private business, but critical to the economic survival of the country, not in the same way that a vulcaniser’s petty business is critical. A vulcaniser doesn’t own the cars he works on.
In the same way, we should separate herdsmen from cows, herdsmen are not the owners of their cows. The owners of the cows should never be given a free pass. For me, one of the ways to solve the problem of herdsmen in Nigeria is that whenever there’s a clash between herdsmen and farmers, the big men owners of the cows they’re herding should be found and made to face trial. That will be the end of the rascality and killings.
If a chairman of a party cannot be reasonable, and or logical without ethnic sentiments in addressing a national issue of utmost importance, whose statements is warped and beclouded by ethnic jingoism, it does not portend well for the party and the country at large.
Is APC a National or a Regional Party?
With latest appointments to important national positions in tha party, it seems the most important positions in the party went to the a particular region.
Top positions have all gone to the North, aside the national sectary to the south west.
The south west do not have a place in that set up, so it appears. This to many political observers is what a friend called a stab in the back of Tinubu, another, a betrayal, a coup is not an inappropriate way to describe what happened at the Eagle Squre in Abuja over the weekend.
If Tinubu is aggrieved by what transpired at the convention, it won’t be a misplaced grievance considering the roles he played in the establishment of the party, making it a national party when he assisted in a massive way in Buhari becoming president in 2015.
Asiwaju Tinubu is still very influencial and powerful in the party, especially in the southwest. If he therefore decides to move the southwest out of APC, doing so will be a massive blow to the party and take power totally out of the hands of the Northern cabal that have completely hijacked the party.
One Afenifere’s baba friend said “Karma is a bitch”, that Tinubu is reaping the seed he sowed when he betrayed the revered Yoruba Group, AFENIFERE.
The Consensus list of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is finally out.
Full List of Confirmed Unity Candidates for the APC National Convention
The list has the names of those who will form the next National Working Committee (NWC) of the ruling party.
There are a total of 76 names on the list which has been reproduced below:
1. National Chairman: Senator Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa State)
2. Deputy National Chairman (North): Senator Abubakar Kyari (Borno State)
3. Deputy National Chairman (South): Emma Eneukwu (Enugu State)
4. National Secretary: Otunba Iyiola Omisore (Osun State)
5. Deputy National Secretary: Fetus Fuanter (Plateau State)
6. National Vice Chairman ((North Central): Muhazu Bawa Rijau (Niger State?
7. Deputy Vice Chairman (North East): Mustapha Salihu (Adamawa State)
8. National Vice Chairman (North West): Salihu Lukman (Kaduna State)
9. National Vice Chairman (South East): Ijeomah Arodiogbu (IMO State)
10. National Vice Chairman (South South): Victor Ton Giadom (Rivers State)
11. National Vice Chairman (South West): D. I. Kekemeke (Ondo State)
12. National Legal Adviser: Barr Ahmed El-Marzuk (Katsina State)
13. National Treasurer: Uguru Matthew Ofoke (Ebonyi State)
14. National Financial Secretary: Bashir Usman Gumel (Jigawa State)
15. National Organizing Secretary: Suleiman M. Argungun (Kebbi State)
16. National Welfare Secretary: F.N. Nwosu (Abia State)
17. National Publicity Secretary: Bart Felix Morka (Delta State)
18. National Auditor: Sen Abubakar Maikafi (Bauchi State)
19. National Women Leader: Dr Betta Edu (Cross River State)
20. National Youth Leader: Abdullahi Dayo Israel (Lagos State)
21. Special (Persons With Disability) Leader: Tolu Bankole (Ogun State)
22. Deputy National Legal Adviser: Ibrahim Salahu (Kwara State)
23. Deputy National Treasurer: Omorede Osifo (Edo State)
24. Deputy National Financial Secretary: Hamma-Adama Ali Kumo (Gombe State)
25. Deputy National Organizing Secretary: Nze Chidi Duru (Anambra State)
26. Deputy National Publicity Secretary: Yakubu Murtala Ajaka (Kogi State)
27. Deputy National Welfare Secretary: Christopher Akpan (Akwa Ibom State)
28. Deputy National Auditor: Olufemi Egbedeyi (Oyo State)
29. Deputy National Women Leader: Zainab Abubakar Ibrahim (Taraba State)
30. Deputy National Youth Leader: Jamaluddeen Kabir (Zamfara State)
31. National Ex-officio (North Central): Oluwatoyin Opawuye (Kwara State)
32. National Ex-officio (North East): Sirajo Dahuwa (Bauchi State)
33. National Ex-officio (North West): Aliyu Ahmed Yako (Kano State)
34. National Ex-officio (South East): Agunwa Anekwe ((Anambra State)
35. National Ex-officio (South South): Hon. Diriwari Akedewei (Bayelsa State)
36. National Ex-officio (South West): Bunmi Oriniowo (Ekiti State)
37. Zonal Secretary (North Central): Yakubu Muhammad Adamu (FCT)
38. Zonal Secretary (North East): Muhammad Wali Shettima (Yobe State)
39. Zonal Secretary (North West): Bello Goronyo (Sokoto State)
40. Zonal Secretary (South East): Azosu Innocent Itafa (Ebonyi State)
41. Zonal Secretary (South South): Ita Udosen (Akwa Ibom State)
42. Zonal Secretary (South West): Vincent Beewaji (Ekiti State)
43. Zonal Legal Adviser (North Central): Hadiza Aliyu (Kogi State)
44. Zonal Legal Adviser (North East): Barr Dauda Chakpo (Taraba State)
45. Zonal Legal Adviser: (North West): Bashir Usaini Dutse (Jigawa State)
46. Zonal Legal Adviser (South East): Mayor Ogbona Ernest (Ebonyi State)
47. Zonal Legal Adviser (South South): Nil
48. Zonal Legal Adviser (South West): Ismail Kolawole Majoro (Oyo State)
49. Zonal Organizing Secretary (North Central): Hon Ahmed Attah (Kogi State)
50. Zonal Organizing Secretary (North East): Abubakar Adamu Musa (Taraba State)
51. Zonal Organizing Secretary (North West): Salisu Uba (Zamfara State)
52. Zonal Organizing Secretary (South East): Dozie Ikedife (Anambra State)
53. Zonal Organizing Secretary (South South): Blessing Agbome (Edo State)
54. Zonal Organizing Secretary (South West): Lateef Ibirogba (Lagos State)
55. Zonal Publicity Secretary (North Central): John Okoho (Benue State)
56. Zonal Publicity Secretary (North East): Lamido Muhammed (Gombe State)
57. Zonal Publicity Secretary (North West): Musa Makafiya (Zamfara State)
58. Zonal Publicity Secretary (South East): Augustine Onyedebelu (IMO State)
59. Zonal Publicity Secretary (South South): Nil
60. Zonal Publicity Secretary (South West): Ayo Afolabi (Osun State)
61. Zonal Women Leader (North Central): Oluwatoyin Opawuye (Kwara State)
62. Zonal Women Leader (North East): Zainab Abubakar Alman (Gombe State)
63. Zonal Women Leader (North West): Hajiya Hadiza Shagari (Sokoto State)
64. Zonal Women Leader (South East): Mimi Uchenna Diyoke (Enugu State)
65. Zonal Women Leader (South South): Caroline Owugha (Bayelsa State)
66. Zonal Women Leader (South West): Yetunde Adesanya (Ogun State)
67. Zonal Youth Leader (North Central): Zubairu Aliyu (Kwara State)
68. Zonal Youth Leader (North East): Jason Baba Kwaghe (Adamawa State)
69. Zonal Youth Leader (North West): Abdulhamid Umar Muhammed (Kano State)
70. Zonal Youth Leader (South East): Ikenna Anyalewechi (Abia State)
71. Zonal Youth Leader (South South): Ebimobowe (Delta State)
72. Zonal Youth Leader (South West): Kolade Lawal (Ondo State)
73. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (North Central): Laho Lazarus Audu (Benue State)
74. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (North East): Muhammed Baba Isa (Yobe State)
75. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (North West): Lawal Na Rago (Kano State)
76. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (South East): Nwachikwu Stanley Chinedu (Imo State )
77. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (South South): Edet Asia (Cross River State)
78. Zonal Leader of Persons With Disability (South West): Mashood Erubami (Oyo State)
They were all confirmed by voice affirmation.
- Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum “hypocritical” in criticizing Tinubu
- COP28: Jamboree, profligacy or serious business?
- Ooni of Ife Visited Ex-CBN Governor Emefiele in Kuje Prison? Monarch Opens Up
- Shettima justifies N15 billion budgeted for his official residence, says Peter Obi suffering from post-election trauma
- Nigeria: At least 85 people killed in ‘mistaken’ army drone attack
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com