A video of a police orderly holding a plate of food for his “madam”, Ambassador Nimota Akanbi, at a party has gone viral. DR (Mrs.) Nimota N. Akanbi, OON, was the former Ambassador of Nigeria to The Kingdom of Netherlands and the Permanent Representative to The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
The event was said to be a Turbaning ceremony held in Ilorin, Kwara State during the weekend.
In the video, the officer identified as Yahaya Abubakar was seen carrying Akanbi’s plate as she went about dishing food from the array of food provided at the party.
NIGERIANS REACT ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/100053157455698/videos/640625880491231/
The video has generated lots of reactions with many stating that the menial works carried out by police prevent them from doing the actual work of providing security and protecting the larger society. They also expressed disgust at the manner policemen are used by the rich for all kinds of jobs and how their leaders prioritise the security of a few Nigerians at the expense of the poor masses.
- Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria – MURIC
- U.S. Embassy in Nigeria vows to address visa challenges
- 1,411 Dubai contingents: ‘Nigeria has more people living in poverty than China’ – Peter Obi slams Tinubu
- Lagos, Abuja demolitions: Ohanaeze kicks
- Economic Downturn And The Blame Game
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com