The Lagos Ride Scheme is firstly aimed to take off all rickety cars being used as taxis on our roads by providing alternatives to the operators who are not owners of the vehicles to become owners through the “lease to own scheme”.
The Lagos Ride Scheme provides the driver/operator with right to own the car after the car is fully paid for within 3-4 years.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LAGOS RIDE ?
Application details and processes are online through lagosride.com and further links on android & IOS play stores by searching lagosride.
Operator’s office – Lagos Ride Limited at 2nd Floor, 62 Campbell Street, Lagos Island.
(Facebook,Twitter and Instagram)
IS GOVT RUNNING A TAXI BUSINESS ??
NO: This is an empowerment programme for the citizens of the State who fall into any of these categories.
The Unemployed or Workers under the present taxis scheme who are not owners of the taxis they are operating.
THE MAINTENANCE QUESTION:
The vehicles are from GAC Motors that is presently located in Lagos with over five present maintenance centres and creation of addition 6 centres through construction of new service centres & partnership with existing LACVIS test centres.
LASG signed a joint venture with GAC Motors in 2020 to establish an assembly plant for local assembling of vehicles thereby making the cars readily available/affordable. Plant is at 60% completion with an annual capacity for over 5,000 cars.
WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE PRESENT TAXI SYSTEM IN LAGOS
- It is an empowerment scheme for the residents of Lagos State which guarantees ownership of the car after full payment is done with low access deposit.
It is security embedded with dashboard cameras installed in each car for real-time monitoring of the car, passengers and drivers activities for safety purpose.
All the cars are uniformly painted with unique number on each car for identification and safety.
With the technology its operations will be deployed on, ride-sharing is possible for passengers (who agree to share ride) thereby reducing commuting costs.
The scheme provides brand new cars and not used cars which provides dignity for the ridesr and low emission rate to the environment thereby reducing the impact of emission on climate.
MORE CARS ON THE ROAD ???
The Lagos Ride aimed to take off all rickety cars being used as taxis on our roads, providing alternatives to the operators of these vehicles who are not owners of the vehicles to become owners.
TYPE OF VEHICLES AVAILABLE
Two forms of GAC vehicle will be used for the scheme
i. GS3 model – a mini SUV
ii. GA4 model – a full saloon car with full options
- Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- LASG E-Hailing Levy
- An android phone given to each driver/operator loaded with the apps.
- Full vehicle registration cost
- Dashboard camera that gives audio and video feed accessible remotely
- 360 coverage inside and outside the car.
- A physical panic button that can be used by any body inside the car in case of assault or emergency which is connected to the control command centre
A SOS button on the driver’s app and the user’s app that all connected to the command centre for action
Training and Certification with Lagos State Drivers Institute for the operators.
- Nigerian men killing their Nurse wives in the US
- Stop Going To Abeokuta, Obi Taunts Tinubu
- For mocking Tinubu’s health, Melaye & Okowa are “imbeciles” – Keyamo
- For peace and progress: Dissolve this marriage of inconvenience?
- Watch the moment Dino Melaye falls on stage at PDP rally to troll Tinubu
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com