Nigerian police authorities on Thursday confirmed that four people, including two policemen and two civilians, were shot dead in a suspected robbery attack in the country’s southwest state of Oyo.
The incident occurred Thursday afternoon around the Idi Ape area of Ibadan, the state capital, said state police chief Ngozi Onadeko, adding that the two policemen were shot in the neck.
No arrests have been made so far, she said, adding there was an indication that the armed robbers retreated to an unknown hideout.
She said the state had been locked down to prevent the robbers from escaping from the state.
The police chief added that operatives in conjunction with other security agencies in the state were collaborating to arrest the robbers, noting that more details would be provided to the public on the matter. ■
- 2023: Chatham House Invites Peter Obi For Election Conversation
- Unity Schools Cut off Marks for 2022: What a Nation!!
- Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built and Completed in Nigeria.
- The Chatham House Charade
- WEEP NOT FOR TINUBU, BUT NIGERIA
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org