A Federal High Court in Abuja yesterday ordered the arrest of a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, over a pending corruption charge filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against her.
Justice Bolaji Olajuwon issued the arrest warrant after listening to EFCC’s lawyer, Farouk Abdullah, who made an oral application to that effect.
It was the second time a court in Abuja ordered the ex-minister’s arrest since she left office in 2015 and allegedly fled to the United Kingdom (UK).
A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), presided over by Justice Valentine Ashi (now late), had, on December 4, 2018, granted a similar order, directing the EFCC, the Nigerian Police Force, the State Security Service (SSS), and all other security agencies to arrest her within 72 hours.
The case was later moved to the Federal High Court in Abuja where the EFCC filed a 13-count of money laundering against Alison-Madueke.
- The North and Tinubu’s appointments
- Yoruba Council breaks silence on MohBad’s death as Nigerians await autopsy report
- Why Pastor Bakare? Why are our pastors like this…..?
- Video: Soyinka takes a dig at Obasanjo for ordering monarchs to ‘stand up and sit down’
- RE:THE CASE OF ALLEGED MISSING INTESTINES; SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT – ANPMP
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org