By Basil Okoh
There are reasons why you should not believe the stories of the surrender to Nigeria troops of Boko Haram commanders, bomb makers and fighters.
- There are no independent verifications of the surrender story. There were no Nigerian or international reporters or media to witness and authenticate the story. None has presented any independent reports and photographs.
The entire story and photographs were presented to us by a few soldiers outside any known Nigerian Military centre. No troops or members of the public witnessed the surrender. The surrender of over a thousand fighters which is equivalent to two battalion of fighters is not a small story anywhere in the world.
- There were no instrument of surrender signed by the warring parties. Philip Effiong presented the instrument of surrender of Biafra to the Nigerian military Government. This time, no conditions are set for the surrender of the insurrectionists and so they owe Nigeria no obligations for the heinous crimes committed. This sets the stage for another ideological war.
- The terrorists surrendered without their instruments of war. They did not bring their guns and bomb building gadgetry to the surrender point. It felt like a group of vagrants were picked up along the way and asked to pose for photographs. In fact, the entire charade felt like a photo-ops.
- The names of the fighters surrendering to Nigerian Army are not provided. We are told of commanders and bomb makers but no pictures or names of these persons are attached. When the international press reports on ISIS fighters, names, picture and background stories are provided. There are non of these here.
- Boko Haram fighters are Mujahiden. Mujahiden are religious and ideological fighters who are sworn to never surrender. They are killed or they are victorious. They never surrender. They never renounce their faith or their belief in the Jihad. This is the first time in the history of Islamic Jihad that we see Mujahiden surrender and Carry placards begging for forgiveness. If this truly happened, the surrendering Boko Haram fighters will be killed by fellow Muslims wherever they are taken.
- What does the surrender of Boko Haram Mujahiden mean to their beliefs? Does it mean that they have renounced their belief in Islam and the jihad? Muhammadu Buhari affirms every time to everybody’s hearing his belief and commitment to the Islamic Jihad. Did the surrendering Jihadi publicly renounce their commitment to the Islamic Jihad? If they did, that would be a death sentence to all of them. They would all be summarily executed by the first Nigerian Muslim soldiers they meet. It is the Islamic law.
- From the above and more not stated here, it can be seen that the purported surrender of Boko Haram fighters may not be the truth as stated. There are more to it than is presently known.
- 2023: Chatham House Invites Peter Obi For Election Conversation
- Unity Schools Cut off Marks for 2022: What a Nation!!
- Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built and Completed in Nigeria.
- The Chatham House Charade
- WEEP NOT FOR TINUBU, BUT NIGERIA
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com