By Bamidele Temitope Johnson
With the APC and PDP, we’re left with an option between suicide and suicide. The APC, in six years, however gifted with are at the use of deodorizers, has bombed.
The PDP, very deliberately, forgets that it sired the APC with its 16 better forgotten years and provided it with many, if not the most, of the bad, the ugly and the downright grotesque people in its fold.
We have a coin with two very bad sides. No difference even if flipped thousand times. The PDP eyes a return to power, but has failed or unable to show it’s different. Less than two years to the next general elections, it’s articulated nothing resembling a coherent restoration plan. No new thinking.
Its “twinnie” (pardon that)makes out as though there’s a conspiracy that’s bred phobia for it. Phobia is irrational fear. But on the basis of evidence provided by its performance over six years, there’s nothing irrational in fearing its retention of power.
We sure can’t go on this way. But are the other options exactly more appealing, given that any new platform-third, fourth or fifth force-is immediately populated by the reprehensible class that’s held a garotte to our neck.
The solution eludes me. The more i think about one, the more i find myself in a bind.
- PDP suspends National Chairman, Ayu with immediate effect
- Tinubu’s drug business was over 10 years ago; he can be president now, “ObIdiots don’t read”: Bayo Onanuga
- Nigerian student and others injured as floor collapses at off-campus party in Pennsylvania, US
- General Oladipo Diya dies at 79
- Igbos Kickstart the New Jerusalem City in Obo Ogu in Obo Ogu Umunna Nsulu Landscape after Lagos row
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org