Lande, who recently returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, took to social media to accuse the officers of physically assaulting him and his friend, seizing his iPhone 16 Pro Max and $1,200, said to belong to his brother.

The Lagos State Police Command has begun an investigation into the alleged assault of popular actor and content creator Ijoba Lande by some police officers.
Lande, who recently returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, took to social media to accuse the officers of physically assaulting him and his friend, seizing his iPhone 16 Pro Max and $1,200, said to belong to his brother.
In a viral video, Lande appeared visibly wounded, with blood stains on his face and shirt, while recounting the incident. Surrounded by friends who urged him to report the matter, he described the attack as life-threatening.
“I nearly lost my life,” he said in the emotional clip shared online, which sparked public outrage and reignited conversations around police brutality and abuse of power.
Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Adebisi, stated on Friday via 𝕏 (formerly Twitter) that the officers involved had been identified and brought in for questioning.
Adebisi said, “The officers involved have been identified and brought forward to the Command for investigation.
“At the moment, both the officers, the actor, and his friend are giving their statements. Further developments will be communicated accordingly.”
She did not provide further details regarding the timeline or nature of the incident, but assured the public that the matter was being treated with seriousness.

1SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
Death toll from Nigeria boat accident rises to 52

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Boat was carrying more than 70 people when it capsized At least 52 people died when a boat carrying farmers and workers to rice farms capsized in northwestern Nigeria’s Sokoto State, officials said Friday. LAGOS The boat capsized Thursday while crossing a waterway near Gorau town in the Goronyo Local Government Area,…
-
Osun election: Sowore questions Davido’s meeting with Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Popular Nigerian activist, Omoyele Sowore, has criticised Afrobeats singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, over his recent meeting with the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike. Daily Sun reports that Davido and his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, visited Wike at his Abuja residence on Thursday. A 16-second…
-
2027: I’ll restore fuel subsidy if elected — Atiku

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), has promised to restore the petrol subsidy if he wins the 2027 presidential election. Atiku made the pledge during an interview on Wednesday while questioning the use of funds he said were saved following the removal of the subsidy. He said…







