Lande, who recently returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, took to social media to accuse the officers of physically assaulting him and his friend, seizing his iPhone 16 Pro Max and $1,200, said to belong to his brother.

The Lagos State Police Command has begun an investigation into the alleged assault of popular actor and content creator Ijoba Lande by some police officers.
Lande, who recently returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom, took to social media to accuse the officers of physically assaulting him and his friend, seizing his iPhone 16 Pro Max and $1,200, said to belong to his brother.
In a viral video, Lande appeared visibly wounded, with blood stains on his face and shirt, while recounting the incident. Surrounded by friends who urged him to report the matter, he described the attack as life-threatening.
“I nearly lost my life,” he said in the emotional clip shared online, which sparked public outrage and reignited conversations around police brutality and abuse of power.
Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Adebisi, stated on Friday via 𝕏 (formerly Twitter) that the officers involved had been identified and brought in for questioning.
Adebisi said, “The officers involved have been identified and brought forward to the Command for investigation.
“At the moment, both the officers, the actor, and his friend are giving their statements. Further developments will be communicated accordingly.”
She did not provide further details regarding the timeline or nature of the incident, but assured the public that the matter was being treated with seriousness.

1SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
Tinubu allowed free, fair election that gave Adeleke Osun victory – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas ABUJA — Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said Governor Ademola Adeleke won the August 15 Osun State governorship election because President Bola Tinubu allowed the poll to be free and fair. Wike, who spoke on Tuesday during an inspection tour of flood-affected areas in the FCT, dismissed…
-
2027: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, others sign peace accord, vow issue-based campaigns

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas …Obi tells voters to reject violators at polls…Peace Committee warns against hate speech, violence, fake news …INEC: 2027 elections are “competitive job interviews” Presidential candidates and leaders of political parties ahead of the 2027 general elections have signed a National Peace Accord, pledging to conduct issue-based campaigns and reject violence, hate speech,…
-
FAAC: FG, states, LGs share N3.007trn July revenue

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) has approved the disbursement of a total of ₦3.007 trillion to the Federal Government, the 36 state governments and the 774 local government councils as revenue for July 2026. At a meeting held in Owerri, Imo State, FAAC said the Federal Government received a total of…







