The Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack which is Russia’s deadliest in decades but did not provide evidence.
Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia, has said that Ukraine had a hand in the terrorist attack that took place at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, the country’s capital.
As many as 133 people have now been confirmed dead from the shooting incident. The death toll was earlier put at 113.
The Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack which is Russia’s deadliest in decades but did not provide evidence.
But Putin, in a speech on Russian television on Saturday, said the gunmen were helped by someone in Ukraine.
“They tried to hide and moved toward Ukraine, where, according to preliminary data, a window was prepared for them on the Ukrainian side to cross the border,” Putin said.
“Our military services, our emergency services … our investigators are working on finding out … who gave them transportation, … who gave them weapons.
“We will stand united against this common enemy, international terrorism no matter where it shows its ugly head.”
The Russian leader did not provide evidence for his reference to Ukraine but vowed that “all the perpetrators, organisers and those who ordered this crime will be justly and inevitably punished — whoever they are, whoever is guiding them”.
In his address, Putin said 11 people had been detained, including the four gunmen.
Russia’s Federal Security Service said the gunmen had contacts in Ukraine and were captured near the border.
The agency did not provide proof of this. It said the suspects were being transferred to Moscow.
Andrei Kartapolov, a Russian lawmaker, said the country must deliver a “worthy, clear and concrete” reply on the battlefield if Ukraine is involved.

WhatsApp Community
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
-
FBI asks US court to keep records on Tinubu drug trafficking probe secret

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federal Bureau of Investigation has asked a US court for permission to submit a confidential declaration explaining why it is withholding some records relating to allegations linking President Bola Tinubu to a drug-trafficking investigation. The FBI made the request in an application dated August 20 before the United States District Court…
-
2027: Adeleke, others part of emerging Tinubu ‘Rainbow Coalition’ – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has hinted at the emergence of a broader national political coalition to support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for re-election in 2027. He discloses that Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, belongs to the emerging alliance. Wike spoke yesterday in Abuja while inspecting ongoing projects in…
-
Nigerian-American Victoria Oluwakotanmi crowned Miss Grand USA 2026

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Nigerian-American beauty queen, Victoria Oluwakotanmi, has been named Miss Grand USA 2026, replacing Mekayla Li, whose title was withdrawn just over a week after she was crowned. The Miss Grand USA organisation announced Oluwakotanmi’s appointment in an official statement shared on social media on Friday, following the termination of Li’s reign. “With…

