Atiku Abubakar, ppresidentialcandidate in the 2023 election and former vice president of Nigeria, has reacted to the death of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, who was killed by her abductors in Abuja.

Atiku spoke through a statement on his official X handle on Sunday.
He said the murder of Nabeeha showed that kidnappers and bandits were operating unhindered in Nigeria.
He called for the rejig of the country’s security architecture to stop the free rein of criminal elements and guarantee the safety of lives and property.
“I am saddened by reports of the brutal murder of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, who was abducted with her siblings and has been in the custody of their abductors for almost two weeks.
“This is yet another reminder that kidnappers and bandits are operating unhindered in our country.
“The security architecture needs to be rejigged to the extent that it stems from the free rein of criminal elements and guarantees the safety of lives and property.
“The security agencies should step up action to rescue the rest who are still in the custody of the kidnappers”, he wrote.
Recall that barely two weeks ago, bandits kidnapped Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar and his six children in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory.
The deceased, Nabeeha, was among the six children of Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar.
She was laid to rest according to Islamic rites on Saturday.
Nabeeha was a 400-level biological science student at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.
Others abducted include: Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)
DAILY POST gathered that the kidnappers had earlier contacted the family, demanding N60 million ransom, but now increased to N100 million after Nabeeha’s murder.
The incident caused a stir on social media as Nigerians sought justice for Nabeeha and the release of her siblings.
The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said, “we have been working on it, but we need some info. We will try our best possible to emplace all necessary measures to rescue them unhurt.”
“But we need to get some information please”, he wrote on X while responding to a post by Ahmed Bashir, former media aide to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari.
Click To Join MA WhatsApp Community
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
-
Tinubu allowed free, fair election that gave Adeleke Osun victory – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas ABUJA — Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has said Governor Ademola Adeleke won the August 15 Osun State governorship election because President Bola Tinubu allowed the poll to be free and fair. Wike, who spoke on Tuesday during an inspection tour of flood-affected areas in the FCT, dismissed…
-
2027: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, others sign peace accord, vow issue-based campaigns

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas …Obi tells voters to reject violators at polls…Peace Committee warns against hate speech, violence, fake news …INEC: 2027 elections are “competitive job interviews” Presidential candidates and leaders of political parties ahead of the 2027 general elections have signed a National Peace Accord, pledging to conduct issue-based campaigns and reject violence, hate speech,…
-
FAAC: FG, states, LGs share N3.007trn July revenue

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) has approved the disbursement of a total of ₦3.007 trillion to the Federal Government, the 36 state governments and the 774 local government councils as revenue for July 2026. At a meeting held in Owerri, Imo State, FAAC said the Federal Government received a total of…

