A neighbour of the late Nollywood actress Allwell Ademola has narrated the events leading to her death, detailing the desperate efforts made to save her life.
The 49-year-old actress died late December after suffering a heart attack at her residence and was buried in Lagos on January 9.
Speaking in a recent interview on the Talk2B podcast, the neighbour, who requested anonymity, said the incident began with a distressing phone call from the actress.
According to her, the tone of the call immediately raised concern, prompting her to gather her husband, her son and her daughter’s friend before rushing to Ademola’s apartment, where they met the door locked.
“She didn’t open at first because she was naked and gasping for breath,” the neighbour recalled.
She said Ademola eventually unlocked the door after repeated knocking, and they found her inside the apartment in severe distress.
The neighbour disclosed that they attempted to revive the actress by giving her an energy drink before realising the situation was critical and deciding to rush her to the hospital.
“The rain was heavy, yes. I had to quickly run out to look for other hands because we had tried to put her in the car. But when we got her up, she couldn’t move her legs,” she said.
“It was when I noticed she could not move her legs again that I knew that there was danger. I knew there was, because I had a friend who passed like that. I was the one driving, and my daughter’s friend was with us.
“I started calling for help. People were not around. I ran to the other street. Fortunately, I met two or three other people. I was saying, please leave her. It was so unfortunate that they could not still carry her.”
She added that the journey to the hospital was tense, noting that Ademola had already died in the car without their knowledge.
“When we got to the hospital, it was so hard to bring her out of the car. They brought her in and started to resuscitate her, but after a couple of hours, we were told she had passed,” she said.
“At the time, we felt she was all right. That was why they took her into the hospital. We were so hopeful. I was so hopeful. I felt her at rest, you know?
“We were very hopeful. They said they were taking her in. And I felt, ah, that means all is well. Only for them to let us know that she had passed, which was a very painful moment.”

1SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
FBI asks US court to keep records on Tinubu drug trafficking probe secret

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federal Bureau of Investigation has asked a US court for permission to submit a confidential declaration explaining why it is withholding some records relating to allegations linking President Bola Tinubu to a drug-trafficking investigation. The FBI made the request in an application dated August 20 before the United States District Court…
-
2027: Adeleke, others part of emerging Tinubu ‘Rainbow Coalition’ – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has hinted at the emergence of a broader national political coalition to support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for re-election in 2027. He discloses that Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, belongs to the emerging alliance. Wike spoke yesterday in Abuja while inspecting ongoing projects in…
-
Nigerian-American Victoria Oluwakotanmi crowned Miss Grand USA 2026

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Nigerian-American beauty queen, Victoria Oluwakotanmi, has been named Miss Grand USA 2026, replacing Mekayla Li, whose title was withdrawn just over a week after she was crowned. The Miss Grand USA organisation announced Oluwakotanmi’s appointment in an official statement shared on social media on Friday, following the termination of Li’s reign. “With…







