Sources who spoke to the aforementioned publication alleged that the current judge handling the case is dragging her feet on the orders of the Jonathan.

Former Nigerian First Lady, Patience Dame Jonathan, has been accused of locking up 15 of her domestic staff in Bayelsa State’s Okaka Correctional Centre since 2019 over an unproven case of robbery.
According to SaharaReporters, the workers have allegedly being rotting behind bars without a court conviction, as their trial has been repeatedly stalled on the orders of the influential former First Lady.
Sources who spoke to the aforementioned publication alleged that the current judge handling the case is dragging her feet on the orders of the Jonathan.
The source said, “Since 2019, former First Lady Patience Jonathan has locked up about 16 of her domestic staff in Okaka Prison for allegedly stealing her jewellery, without first allowing a competent court of law to try them and sentence them.
“Some years ago, TECH4JUSTICE was able to provide legal services for them, which they have been doing ever since. But since the current Chief Judge came on board, she has been deliberately dragging the case on Patience Jonathan’s instructions. She is a stooge of the former First Lady.”
Also, a relative of one of the detained domestic workers, told the publication that, “They are at Okaka Prison in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. They are 15 in number and have been in prison since 2019. They were domestic workers for the former First Lady, Patience Jonathan.
“In 2019, there was a case of breaking and entering in one of her apartments in Otuoke, and she decided to arrest all her workers—even though they were not working in that apartment at the time.
“Since then, there has been no evidence to prove the case in court, and the case is not proceeding. They keep saying they are waiting for witnesses to come forward until today.”
The names of the detained workers include Vincent Olabiyi, Ebuka Cosmos, John Dashe, Tamunokuro Abaku, Saabi Liman, Emmanuel Aginwa, Erema Deborah, Williams Alami, Precious Kingsley, Tamunosiki Waribobo, Salomi Reginald, Sunday Boma, Oba Golden, and Vivian.
“They are being charged with armed robbery, malicious damage, attempted murder, stealing, and so on. But there is no evidence! They are even going to court this morning (Thursday),” the source added.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
FBI asks US court to keep records on Tinubu drug trafficking probe secret

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federal Bureau of Investigation has asked a US court for permission to submit a confidential declaration explaining why it is withholding some records relating to allegations linking President Bola Tinubu to a drug-trafficking investigation. The FBI made the request in an application dated August 20 before the United States District Court…
-
2027: Adeleke, others part of emerging Tinubu ‘Rainbow Coalition’ – Wike

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has hinted at the emergence of a broader national political coalition to support President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for re-election in 2027. He discloses that Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, belongs to the emerging alliance. Wike spoke yesterday in Abuja while inspecting ongoing projects in…
-
Nigerian-American Victoria Oluwakotanmi crowned Miss Grand USA 2026

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Nigerian-American beauty queen, Victoria Oluwakotanmi, has been named Miss Grand USA 2026, replacing Mekayla Li, whose title was withdrawn just over a week after she was crowned. The Miss Grand USA organisation announced Oluwakotanmi’s appointment in an official statement shared on social media on Friday, following the termination of Li’s reign. “With…







