Nigerians have taken to social media platforms to express their views after former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu said Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi can’t win the 2023 presidential election in Nigeria.
As earlier reported by, Aliyu said 2023 is too early for Peter Obi to become the President of Nigeria, adding that probably by 2027 or 2031, Obi can become the country’s leader.
Defending his position, Aliyu stated that 2023 appears too early for him to clinch the nation’s number one political seat as “the name is not dropping everywhere else.”
He argued that the younger people in the country may vote for Obi and he would make his mark in the 2023 contest but the former Anambra State Governor may have to wait till like 2027 or 2031 before he can become the President of Nigeria.
The former Niger State Governor who made his view known on Channels Television’s Political Paradigm said Nigerians are not ready for Obi.
Following his submissions, Nigerians have been reacting and below are some of the reactions culled by Naija News from Twitter.
- Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum “hypocritical” in criticizing Tinubu
- COP28: Jamboree, profligacy or serious business?
- Ooni of Ife Visited Ex-CBN Governor Emefiele in Kuje Prison? Monarch Opens Up
- Shettima justifies N15 billion budgeted for his official residence, says Peter Obi suffering from post-election trauma
- Nigeria: At least 85 people killed in ‘mistaken’ army drone attack
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org