Nigerians have taken to social media platforms to express their views after former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu said Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi can’t win the 2023 presidential election in Nigeria.
As earlier reported by, Aliyu said 2023 is too early for Peter Obi to become the President of Nigeria, adding that probably by 2027 or 2031, Obi can become the country’s leader.
Defending his position, Aliyu stated that 2023 appears too early for him to clinch the nation’s number one political seat as “the name is not dropping everywhere else.”
He argued that the younger people in the country may vote for Obi and he would make his mark in the 2023 contest but the former Anambra State Governor may have to wait till like 2027 or 2031 before he can become the President of Nigeria.
The former Niger State Governor who made his view known on Channels Television’s Political Paradigm said Nigerians are not ready for Obi.
Following his submissions, Nigerians have been reacting and below are some of the reactions culled by Naija News from Twitter.
- Muhammadu Buhari’s Nigerian Presidency And His Niger Republic Development Agenda
- Prof Akintoye Writes Buhari, Says Yoruba People Want To Officially Leave Nigeria Over ‘Killings By State-sponsored Fulani Militias, Others’
- PRIDE GOES BEFORE “E MI LO KAN” AND A HAUGHTY SPIRIT BEFORE A FALL
- Niger(ia’s) President, Buhari signs MoU to import fuel from his country Niger to his supposed country Nigeria
- Amid Alleged Islamisation Agenda, Nigerian Police Academy Commandant, Ahmad Accused Of Replacing Christian Personnel With Muslims
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org