The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdullahi Adamu has disclosed that the party is yet to take a decision on the zone that will produce its 2023 presidential candidate.
Adamu made the disclosure on Friday at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa shortly after presenting the party’s candidate for the 2022 Ekiti governorship election, Biodun Oyebanji, to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Addressing State House correspondents, the APC Chairman said he can’t preempt the region that the presidential ticket will be zoned to.
He added that only the party can make that decision and urged people to be patient.
“I am today privileged to be the chairman of the party. The party is greater than me. The party has not made a decision and I cannot preempt what the party decision will be,” he said.
There had been speculations that the APC would zone its presidential ticket to the south after the national chairmanship position was zoned to the north.
- Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum “hypocritical” in criticizing Tinubu
- COP28: Jamboree, profligacy or serious business?
- Ooni of Ife Visited Ex-CBN Governor Emefiele in Kuje Prison? Monarch Opens Up
- Shettima justifies N15 billion budgeted for his official residence, says Peter Obi suffering from post-election trauma
- Nigeria: At least 85 people killed in ‘mistaken’ army drone attack
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org