Members of the deadly Boko Haram terrorist sect, on Thursday, invaded the police mobile training school in the Limankara Gwoza local government area of Borno State abducting many people in the process.
According to Punch, the kidnappers left with an unspecified number of mobile policemen.
The training school is located twenty-five kilometres from Gwoza town, the hometown of Senator Ali Ndume, the Chairman Senate Committee on Army. It is a border town between Borno and Madagali LGA of Adamawa State.
The insurgent fighters reportedly attacked the training school on Thursday night with gun trucks and shot sporadically into the air before kidnapping the mobile police instructors.
The attack is coming seven days after the terrorists attempted to infiltrate the Nigerian Army base in Gwoza in which they were successfully repelled by men of the Nigerian army.
The Senate committee on Army led by Senator Ali Ndume paid a working visit to the Theatre Command’s Operation Hadin Kai in the area two days ago.
Also, the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum lamented the current security situation in the State and the Northwest as he charged the military not to relax or rest on their oars.
According to Zulum, Boko Haram terrorists now celebrate wedding ceremonies and collect taxes from some communities without confrontation by the military.
- Muhammadu Buhari’s Nigerian Presidency And His Niger Republic Development Agenda
- Prof Akintoye Writes Buhari, Says Yoruba People Want To Officially Leave Nigeria Over ‘Killings By State-sponsored Fulani Militias, Others’
- PRIDE GOES BEFORE “E MI LO KAN” AND A HAUGHTY SPIRIT BEFORE A FALL
- Niger(ia’s) President, Buhari signs MoU to import fuel from his country Niger to his supposed country Nigeria
- Amid Alleged Islamisation Agenda, Nigerian Police Academy Commandant, Ahmad Accused Of Replacing Christian Personnel With Muslims
JOIN OUR MaTaZ ArIsInG COMMUNITY!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via:
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org