Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha was on Thursday recalled to the Ivory Coast squad for next month’s Africa Cup of Nations.
The 29-year-old refused to join the team at their last gathering in November but coach Patrice Beaumelle has included him in the squad for the tournament which gets underway on January 9 in Cameroon.
The experienced line-up also includes Ajax centre-forward Sebastien Halle, and six members of the team that lifted the trophy for the second time in 2015, notably defenders Serge Aurier and Eric Bailly as well as striker Max Gradel.
The Ivory Coast open their campaign against Equatorial Guinea on January 12 followed by further group games against Sierra Leone and Algeria.
Goalkeepers: Sylvain Gbohouo (Wolkite Ketema/ETH), Badra Ali (JDR Stars/RSA), Ira Tapé (FC San Pedro), Cissé Abdul Karim (Asec Mimosas)
Defenders: Serge Aurier (Villareal/ESP), Éric Bailly (Manchester United/ENG), Willy Boly (Wolverhampton/ENG), Wilfried Kanon (Pyramids FC/EGY), Odilon Kossonou (Bayer Leverkusen/GER), Simon Deli (Adana Demirspor/TUR); Ghislain Konan (Reims/FRA)
- PDP suspends National Chairman, Ayu with immediate effect
- Tinubu’s drug business was over 10 years ago; he can be president now, “ObIdiots don’t read”: Bayo Onanuga
- Nigerian student and others injured as floor collapses at off-campus party in Pennsylvania, US
- General Oladipo Diya dies at 79
- Igbos Kickstart the New Jerusalem City in Obo Ogu in Obo Ogu Umunna Nsulu Landscape after Lagos row
JOIN OUR MaTaZ ArIsInG COMMUNITY!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via:
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org