By Farooq A. Kperogi
I want to congratulate my friend and sister Bamidele Ademola-Olateju on her appointment as Ondo State’s Commissioner for Regional Integration and Diaspora Relations. I know this is old news, but better late than never.
I know of no better person for that position than her. She has invested tremendous intellectual and organizational capital into intra-regional integration in the southwest for years and has lived in the US for decades, often going back and forth between Nigeria and the US. So, this new position is almost like a natural habitat to her.
I have almost zero familiarity with Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s record as a governor, but his choice of Bamidele shows excellent judgement. She is by far one of the most conscientious, hardworking, and cosmopolitan people you can ever wish to know.
She’s as sharp as a tack and is one of the most aggressive, goal-directed go-getters I’ve ever known. Akeredolu is lucky to have her on his team.
If the little tyrannies of bureaucracy don’t stymy her, she’ll make a huge difference in her new assignment.
The entire Kperogi clan in America, to whom she is a treasured friend, celebrates her!
Bamidele is a people person with an almost inexhaustible pool of friends and acquaintances in and outside Nigeria. The biggest favor any friend or acquaintance can do to her, in my opinion, is never to burden her with requests for favors on account of her new position. That’s what I do to my friends in power. Things aren’t always what they seem.
Finally, I wonder how Pius Adesanmi, through whom I became close to Bamidele, would have reacted to this appointment. He would probably have written digital tomes of smart, witty stuff and become her PA extraordinaire in diaspora!
- Muhammadu Buhari’s Nigerian Presidency And His Niger Republic Development Agenda
- Prof Akintoye Writes Buhari, Says Yoruba People Want To Officially Leave Nigeria Over ‘Killings By State-sponsored Fulani Militias, Others’
- PRIDE GOES BEFORE “E MI LO KAN” AND A HAUGHTY SPIRIT BEFORE A FALL
- Niger(ia’s) President, Buhari signs MoU to import fuel from his country Niger to his supposed country Nigeria
- Amid Alleged Islamisation Agenda, Nigerian Police Academy Commandant, Ahmad Accused Of Replacing Christian Personnel With Muslims
JOIN OUR MaTaZ ArIsInG COMMUNITY!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via:
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org