NEW MIDDLE BELT GROUP, MIDDLE BELT GROUP, MIDDLE BELT GUADS, ASKS ALL REPRESENTIVES OF THE ZONE IN NORTHERN GROUPS TO STEP DOWN. (SAYS THEY WANT OUT)
THIS PRESS RELEASE IS COMING AFTER CAREFUL DELIBERATIONS WITH ALL STATES IN THE MIDDLE BELT
Fellow Middle Belters, we comiscerate with you all over the long lasting episodes of insecurity and displacement from your homes for decades, a situation that is seemingly not having a clue and is still without glimpses of hope to ending.
Before we go any further, let us
We observe a minute silence for the repose of the souls of our loved ones massacred across our peace loving innocent people.
We assert that they continue to rest with The Lord, till we meet to part no more.
We met on several occasions with all the States of the Region within the present setting of the country called Nigeria which include:
- The Gobir People From Sokoto And Zamfara States,
- The Zuru people from Kebbi
- The People of Southan Kaduna having above 70 Ethnic groups and Nationalities
- The people of Bauchi State
- The people of Gombe State
- The people of Yobe State
- The people of Borno State
- The people of Adamawa State
- The people of Taraba State
- The people of Plateau State
- The people of Nasarawa State
- The people of Benue State
- The people of Kogi State
- The people of Kwara State
- The people of Niger State
- The people of FCT Abuja
These comprise the Middle Belt of Nigeria, who are known to be the Minority tribes in the country. All by dialogues and we reach this consensus:-
More awareness is still being created in order to acquaint every citizen with the new development.
Today, we are recounting a statement made by the late Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bellow on the 12-10-1960, which rendered us as “WILLING TOOLS TO THE NORTHERNERS AND WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAVE CONTROL OVER OUR FUTURE. A MOVE TOWARDS SUCH DIMENSIONS WILL MEET RUTHLESS OPPOSITION”.
Fellow Middle Belters, we have come a long way to meet with the reality of this statement, that even our unborn generations are scared of coming into existence simply because we excused it to manifest in us.
Fellow Middle Belters, it is no longer story to mention the ordeals we have passed through in our father’s land.
We are going to take them topically.
We have observed, in line with the statement aforementioned, that the reality of the statement has dawned on us, and is scaring our elites of all past and present, to conceal it as our fate. May I say emphatically say that it was so then, till yesterday. But today as we read this press statement, the scenario is different.
First of all, any Stake Holders, Forums , Associations, Institutions, that exist and represent the Middle Belt Region are hereby informed of the new development as an intervention measure against the past experiences.
The Middle Belt Guards have come on board.
Fellow Middle Belters, we have been answering being part of the Northern part of Nigeria, but today, we denounce anything that has to do with the North and clave to our sole identity as Middle Belters, whether Nigeria continues to exist as one entity or not.
By this statement any of our people having any form of alliance or posts of responsibility that represent the Middle Belt in the Northern formation is null and void henceforth.
We therefore call on those holding such positions, whatever they may be, to forfeit such inclinations, and form the likes, in the name of the Middle Belt as it is what we can reckon with in all of our dealings, and/or reiterate their membership to similar groups existing in the Middle Belt.
Fellow Middle Belters, we are autochthonous indigenous people who are the rightful owners of the land we occupy.
Therefore, we are responsible for the maintenance and salvaging of same for the unborn generations as our parents preserved it for us.
There is heinous nepotism, land grabbing, aggression, intrusion, and threatenings through Insurgencies, Terrorism, Rape, Cattle Rustling, Educational Distortion, Religious Bigotry, Lopsidedness in the distribution of the dividends of democracy, both on infrastructure and human capital development, Admissions into tertiary institutions, job offers, promotions, destabilization/tampering with traditional leadership and political appointments.
There are social vices such as rape, kidnapping and the likes within the Region, proofing that we have been subjected to the statement under review as paraphrased above.
We have observed that the constitution of the nation is no longer binding on us yet some scrupulous undesired elements have taken a strong grip of it to manipulate us. When the constitution was still valid, we agitated for review but they objected. When it expired we agitated for Restructuring of the Nation and they still objected. Now that the amalgamation has expired, they are shouting, retaining and enforcing one Nigeria.
Meanwhile, they have established their own sharia state of the sultanate since year 2000, because they maneuvered the sharia law into the constitution which brought Nigeria to dual laws for different people within the same nation.
We know that all over the world, it is one law for everyone and they know it too. But because they have special interest on the land, they introduced certificates of residence to gradually abolish the certificate of indigenization. That will automatically render us to be of the same status in the land and that will warrant an overturn of settlers to become rightful owners of the land that they begged for from our forefathers.
Fellow Middle Belters, we observe that kidnapping has engulfed our Region, with insurgency attacks, terrorism, land grabbing, which have rendered most of our local communities homeless and hungry, as farming activities have been totally crippled.
Our children are out of school, as the institutions are no longer safe, our highways, communities and homes are invaded and surcharged by terrorists (baptized as bandits), who take pleasure in abducting people in the broad day light within the confines of their homes.
We are hereby informing the perpetrators of the dastardly acts to hands- off such activities with immediate effect, as we will not resort to negotiations of any kind if such occurs again.
We don’t have confidence in the government of the day at all levels and the security operatives. This has become a necessity which is a very unfortunate situation. By virtue of our self determination, we are resorting to Referendum as a Republic following the cultural map of Nigeria.
The North is free to practice their sharia law within their States without prejudice and should not contemplate forcing it on us as we will also ruthlessly object to it.
We will never engage any party to a fight but will serve as peace building organization and fundamental human rights fighters in democratic and diplomatic ways.
We only resort to be defensive to any further attacks on our people on self defense and we do not expect that some party would dare us into a combat of any kind again.
We say no to subjugation!
We say no to aggression!
We say no to land grabbing!
We say no to oppression!
We say no to vandalism!
We say no to kidnapping!
We say no to insurgency!
We say no to Terrorism!
We say no to ruthlessness!
We say no to usurpation of rights!
We say no to dual laws!
We say no to autocracy!
We say no to apartheid!
We say no to bunkering!
We say no to forceful unity!
We delineate ourselves far from the present geopolitical settings of the defunct Nigeria!!!
We call on the president of the defunct Nigeria, to, as a matter of urgency,
- Address Nigerians on the matters topically presented above, and call for an end to the deception known as one united nation called Nigeria.
- To pronounce the expiry of Nigeria through the chambers of the National Assembly and the judiciary. – Inform the world about the true state of the defunct country.
- To begin the process of referendum, as the only way the president can keep his reputation as a sane president is to hearken to the loud outcry for a referendum. This will make him a successful last president with honor.
- That Muhammadu Buhari returns the defense Headquarters back to Abuja officially, as he moved it to the North East in a bid to fight insurgents, which never yielded any results. We see it as disarming Nigeria and a bid to equipping the insurgents tactically. By this adventure, they have seized continually, the weapons of the Nigerian Army as the cases are being frequently reported.
- That Muhammadu Buhari evacuates the terrorists whom his leadership paved for at his resumption of office to run out of Sambisa forest to other parts of the country, by dismantling road blocks and stop and search operations at checkpoints by the Nigerian security operatives. In the case where he cannot do so then the locals should not be tackled as they fight to get rid of those terrorists. Their fellow terrorists in the army are giving them coverage to excise full military strength on vulnerable communities across the country which must be stopped.
- That Muhammadu Buhari dismisses all the terrorists recruited into the Nigerian Army, and halt their rampage.
Cases abound of these terrorists opening gun fires on civilians running to them for safety during attacks, and have also gunned down their fellow soldiers during operations. It is noted with sadness, that this government is engaged in training the terrorists, revealing information to bandits ahead of military operations as a sabotage against them and the Nation. These eventualities are forcing the true Nigerian soldiers in their thousands to abscond the military service as reports said in recent years. This has also scared away ambitious Nigerian youths who loved to serve their fatherland in the Nigerian Army.
- We equally ask that the Nigerian Army be taken back to the barracks and the police to be well trained and equipped to function well as the process of referendum is being carried out.
We call on our good and peace loving people to remain calm and be prayerful for smooth dissolution of the forced marriage called Nigeria and yet be ready for anything Incase of the ‘ruthless intention to submerge us by means of forcible and radical up-turn of events.
We call on the International community to give a listening ear to the concerns of agitators for referendum in Nigeria:The Ooduwa Nation,
The Lower Niger Nation (Biafra), and
The Middle Belt Nation.
We call on our Sons and Daughters serving in the Nigerian Armed Forces And Paramilitaries to be cautious as they are being used to kill their people without cause.
They should know that they won’t be spared after wiping their people away. They must surely be a handful or a few victims that will be cleared off road with ease, as warriors returning from a great battle who had an overwhelming victory.
Their celebration is to clear whoever they come across as a demonstration of gigantic power that has no weariness or despair.
They need wisdom from above which is profitable to direct.
We are using this press release as a test/proof of our true stage in the country and right of expression.
We will not expect any ruling against this press statement if we amount to anything, and in the case where it is down trodden, it will be a signal that we will never ever be treated as humans or co- equals but as those who settled our killers.
If Nigeria will stay together as a country, the Middle Belt is not going to be part of the Union and we will never engage in a fight.
Therefore we don’t expect any authority or sect to challenge us to a vicious campaign for such.
Signed by representatives of the States either partly or wholly comprised in the Middle Belt Region.
- Monday Lines: The North’s tadpoles and Deborah Yakubu
- Lynch Mob, Broken System
- El-Rufai withdraws Kaduna delegates pledge to Tinubu, says Amaechi stronger aspirant
- Deborah’s murder: Only restructuring will save Nigeria
- JUST IN: Sokoto Residents Plan Mass Protest Over Arrest Of Suspected Killers Of Deborah
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org