By Mazimo Obaro Ikime
Ever so often these days, these guys, in subtle and not so subtle ways take the mickey!
They don’t care about our sensibilities. They don’t give a darn how Nigerians feel. This is the AGF ADDRESSING A PRESS CONFERENCE over the Nnamdi Kanu matter! In HAUSA! Please is there any justifiable reason why this should be so?
English is the official language of the Federation (or at least it used to be). Their are loads of state owned radio and TV stations through which the local broadcasts could be carried out in Hausa!
Why this? My very simplistic reaction is…we are the ones still deluding ourselves that one Nigeria still exists! When they say it, it’s tongue in cheek, for the very next day something is said or done to contravene.
Down South we lock horns and dissipate energy trying to prove our patriotism! You hear things like…we need to de-emphasize this US vs THEM thing! Okay good. But pray, tell, how is this defendable ? Why is it necessary at all? It’s simple! They don’t give a razmatazz what other regions of the country think or feel! It’s out there in the open.
The Southerners have decided to keep their minds enshrouded. Why? It is sacrosanct that we remain ONE! IS IT? Some are decidedly viewed as second or maybe even third class. I wonder how the Isoko man rates in the scheme of things! Some creature from the nether regions I am sure, is of no particular significance to them!
- PDP suspends National Chairman, Ayu with immediate effect
- Tinubu’s drug business was over 10 years ago; he can be president now, “ObIdiots don’t read”: Bayo Onanuga
- Nigerian student and others injured as floor collapses at off-campus party in Pennsylvania, US
- General Oladipo Diya dies at 79
- Igbos Kickstart the New Jerusalem City in Obo Ogu in Obo Ogu Umunna Nsulu Landscape after Lagos row
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org