Yoruba Nation Agitator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho has explained how his house was raided in the early hours of Thursday.
The Nation reports Soka Ibadan residence of Igboho came under attack around 1am. It was reported that gunmen allegedly came in military camouflage to his residence.
Igboho, who spoke with BBC Yoruba monitored by The Nation, explained that he was in the house when the attack happened.
“I just heard plenty bullet in my compound and gunshot in front of my house. They were shouting Sunday Igboho come out, we are DSS, we are soldiers, come out!
“So I peeped through the window, and I saw them DSS uniform, and soldiers, so I was surprised because I didn’t kill anyone nor fight with anybody, what I’m doing is to fight for me people.
“All the rally I’m doing is a peaceful rally, so I’m fighting for my family too because all the bandits killed my family, raped them kidnapped them and take ransom from them.
“Government refused to do the right thing, that’s why I came out to support my family to fight for our right. So I was surprised.
“Yes, I was in the house when they came. They killed about two guys. The shooting was too much. They destroyed all my properties, all my vehicles.”
- Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum “hypocritical” in criticizing Tinubu
- COP28: Jamboree, profligacy or serious business?
- Ooni of Ife Visited Ex-CBN Governor Emefiele in Kuje Prison? Monarch Opens Up
- Shettima justifies N15 billion budgeted for his official residence, says Peter Obi suffering from post-election trauma
- Nigeria: At least 85 people killed in ‘mistaken’ army drone attack
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com