The British high Commission has weighed in on the recent arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the fugitive leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
Dan Hurlock, a spokesperson to the commission disclosed that they are aware of Kanu’s arrest but that he was not captured in the UK as reported by some news platforms.
Hurlock stated ; “We can confirm that Nnamdi Kanu was not arrested in the UK for extradition purposes“
It will be recalled that Kanu has been on the run since 2017 after he jumped bail while facing trial for treasonable felony. He was produced in court on Tuesday before Justice Binta Nyako, who remanded him in DSS custody until July 26th.
It will be recalled that Kanu is a British citizen and had been residing in the UK since he left Nigeria in 2017.
- Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum “hypocritical” in criticizing Tinubu
- COP28: Jamboree, profligacy or serious business?
- Ooni of Ife Visited Ex-CBN Governor Emefiele in Kuje Prison? Monarch Opens Up
- Shettima justifies N15 billion budgeted for his official residence, says Peter Obi suffering from post-election trauma
- Nigeria: At least 85 people killed in ‘mistaken’ army drone attack
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com