The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi has condemned the gruesome killing of Yoruba indigenes in Igangan, Ibarapaland by suspected Fulani Herdsmen.
In a strong-worded statement on Monday, signed by his media aide, Moses Olafare, the Ooni expressed displeasure at the current security architecture in the country. He disclosed the Yoruba people are disciplined and law-abiding but are not fools.
“Such an attack in which victims credibly traced some perpetrators from a particular section of the country is capable of disintegrating this country. That is why those behind it must be smoked out of their jungles and dealt with accordingly.”
“There is no better time for robust security measures than now because security of lives and properties of Nigerians is the basis upon which government is being constituted. We Yorubas are disciplined people and law abiding but not fools.”
The monarch pointed out that reliable information indicated that some foreign Fulani herdsmen and bandits of Tuareg extraction have perfected plans to invade communities in South-West. He revealed that the Yoruba people are ever ready to defend their land.
“We are prepared to defend ourselves without resorting to anarchy.”, the statement read.
- PDP suspends National Chairman, Ayu with immediate effect
- Tinubu’s drug business was over 10 years ago; he can be president now, “ObIdiots don’t read”: Bayo Onanuga
- Nigerian student and others injured as floor collapses at off-campus party in Pennsylvania, US
- General Oladipo Diya dies at 79
- Igbos Kickstart the New Jerusalem City in Obo Ogu in Obo Ogu Umunna Nsulu Landscape after Lagos row
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email firstname.lastname@example.org