by Ayo Dada
The Nigerian Chief of Army Staff Ibrahim Attahiru has been killed in a plane crash in Kaduna, Vanguard has learnt from military sources. The incident occurred on Friday in Kaduna.
A statement by Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, Director of Public Relations and Information of the Nigerian Army has revealed that the immediate cause of the crash is still being ascertained.
“An air crash involving a @NigAirForce aircraft occurred this evening near the Kaduna International Airport. The immediate cause of the crash is still being ascertained.” He stated.
According to Mohammed Kyari, it was an official NAF aircraft they were travelling on, the late COS was going for the passing out at NA Depot, Zaria tomorrow and then would have proceeded to Maiduguri. His wife was on board as being widely reported.
Those on board the crashed aircraft were;
- Maj Gen Attahiru
- Gen Abdulkadir
- Gen Kuliya – DMI
- Gen Olayinka – Provost Marshall
- Maj La Hayat
- Maj Hamza
- Sgt Umar
- Flt Lt T.O Asaniyi
- Flt Lt A.A Olufade
- Sgt Adesina
- Acm Oyedepo
More details to follow
- Same Old Cruel Lies to Justify Fuel Price Hike
- Fuel Subsidy Removal: Nigerians No Longer Suffering And Smiling Under An Incompetent Man
- Adegoke: Hotels and Risk of Ritual Deaths
- We are in Niger State to establish Islamic Country, says ISWAP, Boko Haram
- A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE CALLED BEDC