Governor Hyacinth Alia has said that attackers of Benue communities are not Nigerians, but Malians.

Alia stated this during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today on Tuesday.
He said that the attackers’ Hausa accent is not Nigerian as testified by some indigenes of the state.
The governor stated that about 40 people were killed during attacks on some communities in the state, saying many people had been displaced.
Alia said, “Attackers of Benue communities don’t wear Nigerian looks and they don’t speak the normal Hausa we Nigerian speak or the Fulani Nigerians speak.
“Some of our people who understand what they speak said that they are Malians but they are not Nigerians.
“Initially our communities were attacked by traditional headers. We have less troubles with them now. We had a number of cases.
“Now when the terrorists come, traditional herders inform us of their movements. They tell us that certain people are coming into our lands.”
The governor added that Benue state was under siege, saying the attacks were coordinated.
“Three dead bodies were recovered from the Katsina-Ala axis of the state, which means that the entire space out there is under siege.
“We are under siege as a state. We are under attack, and those who are attacking us are land-grabbers. They displace our people.”
Alia stated that the government is working with community leaders to secure communities, adding that his government is dopting community police to end killing in the state.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
Support MATAZ ARISING’ journalism of integrity and credibility.
Good journalism ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
We ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email ad@matazarising.com
LATEST POSTS
-
Nigerian-American Victoria Oluwakotanmi crowned Miss Grand USA 2026

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas Nigerian-American beauty queen, Victoria Oluwakotanmi, has been named Miss Grand USA 2026, replacing Mekayla Li, whose title was withdrawn just over a week after she was crowned. The Miss Grand USA organisation announced Oluwakotanmi’s appointment in an official statement shared on social media on Friday, following the termination of Li’s reign. “With…
-
Tinubu Govt Withdraws Death Penalty Appeal Against IPOB Leader Kanu

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Federal Government under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has withdrawn its cross-appeal seeking the death penalty against the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu’s Special Counsel, Aloy Ejimakor, disclosed the development, saying the government had formally communicated its decision not to continue with the aspect of the…
-
2027: Defend your credentials or drop out – Peter Obi challenges presidential candidates

MaTaZ ArIsInGDallas, Texas The Nigeria Democratic Congress, NDC, presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has said that every presidential candidate in the 2027 general elections must be willing to defend their credentials, records and subject their vision to open scrutiny. Obi said this on Friday at a world press conference in his home in Onitsha, Anambra State. While highlighting the…







