Fellow Nigerians, in what practical way can we say that the APC has improved or enhanced the integrity of elections since coming to power? To set the tone for this conversation, it is important to note that the APC prides itself as a “progressive” political party. Whatever that means…
For the purpose of refreshing our collective memory, it is also important to state what APC met on ground as handed over to them by those they accused of destroying the country for donkey years.
- The APC met electronic card reader
- The APC met permanent voter cards
- The APC met an INEC headed by someone who was not from the same geopolitical zone and ethnic affiliations with the President.
- In fact, in the years the APC claimed the country was destroyed, no President came from the same geopolitical zone as the INEC Chairman. In a country like Nigeria, this is a rather significant issue.
One had expected that as a self acclaimed progressive party, the APC will proceed with sweeping positive reforms to build upon what they met on ground. Alas, the APC hasn’t lifted a finger to improve anything. Rather, they have destroyed whatever progress we thought we have made.
As an opposition party, the APC kept shouting about the full and speedy implementation of the Uwais report on electoral reforms. It will shock you to know that since assuming power, they haven’t as much as mentioned that report not to talk of implementing any portion of it. Interestingly, part of the recommendations of the Uwais report is what the APC met on ground.
The APC refused to sign the electoral law that made very sweeping changes that would have guaranteed the integrity of our elections. Over the years, it has been discovered that result transmission is where manipulation begins. Votes counted at the polling units and declared, suddenly change by the time they get to the collation center.
Simply put, the electronic transmission of result is saying that after voting in the polling unit, instead of taking results sheets to hotels for manipulation by politicians, the result is transmitted immediately to INEC via the device. This will make manipulating result sheets a fruitless exercise. The APC is saying no! Yet, they are the progressives…
Another advantage of this electronic transmission is that it will establish a nexus between the card reader and the actual voting in every polling unit. If a card reader has read/accredited 500 cards for example, the result for all the parties in that polling unit cannot be more than 500.
Those who know that electronic transmission will expose their fraud are scared to death. We all know why they don’t want to implement it. Those who steal under the cover of darkness are usually the first to oppose any street lightening project…
- Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria – MURIC
- U.S. Embassy in Nigeria vows to address visa challenges
- 1,411 Dubai contingents: ‘Nigeria has more people living in poverty than China’ – Peter Obi slams Tinubu
- Lagos, Abuja demolitions: Ohanaeze kicks
- Economic Downturn And The Blame Game
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOW
TEXT AD: To advertise here – Email email@example.com