Prince Abass Adeyemi
A major key towards a Peaceful Nigeria. The call for the autonomy of the traditional institutions have become imminent following the continuous and incessant socio-political and security challenges Nigeria is currently facing. The deliberate degrading of our traditional institutions for unnecessary personal political gain and other selfish reasons must be reviewed and addressed immediately.
I thereby call on all the state house of assembly who understand that her members are elected to represent their people to start a review process of the law that places the Nigerian monarchy system under any government arm let alone under the local government authority of the area the monarch are located. This is highly ridiculous, uncivilized and uncultured. Reducing our monarchs into a mere political pawns in the hands of the politicians and the Nigerian government.
This call is a call for a total reformation of Nigeria’s governing system as our monarchs are the origin of people’s administration and they’ve always made sure the coordination of their people are ensured in respect to their local traditions and cultures.
Elevating our monarchs will reposition our country and society in the comity of states as this will improve our ethical ways of life, make Nigeria become the clear image of the Black Race ones again. Why is the reinstatement of our monarchical values essential and become imminent towards a more prosperous Nigeria:
1. This will immediately reposition Nigerian community and state to become more enviable as a country.
2. It will drastically reduce crime and make Nigeria safer because each monarchs will become more responsive to secure their towns and territory.
3. It’ll further address the insecurity threats of our country as this will build a synergy between each community and monarchs and control the influx of unknown agents of unrest. A better structure for community policing.
4. The customary courts should be returned to be presided by the kings of the community so they could address some civil issues in respect to their customs and traditions.
5. This proposal will as well reduce the rate at which youths are imprisoned over civil matters that could be addressed in the community and a minimum punishment be served by the monarch’s injunction, provided it’s not a state crime.
6. This will as well help rebuild morals, ethical standards and values as indigenous people and preserve our traditions as peaceful people, making citizens more responsible of their actions and inactions.
7. Furthermore, this constitutional reorganization will help build local security system which will be overseen by monarchs, while security reports are submitted to the state every security meeting.
8. This will also address or reduce the continuous agitation for cessation that have engulfed every part of this country.
9. The proposal will as well help rapid development of the country as such, each monarchs will ensure they do their best in developing their communities without being subjected to any political intimidation.
10. A positive consideration of this request and clarion call will immediately reduce some security and economical burdens on the government, and in return, we all return to a more peaceful and prosperous Nigeria of our dreams.